Friday, November 7, 2008

Snack Time


A few months ago when I was doing the South Beach Diet I came across a recipe for Hummus in the book. I decided to make the recipe. I loved the recipe the moment I was done and "had" to test it. Steve really likes it over the store bought hummus.

South Beach Hummus

List of Ingredients

1 can(15 ozs.)chickpeas
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup tahini(sesame paste)
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
3 cloves garlic,chopped
2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1/2 tsp salt
Chopped fresh parsley(optional)

Instructions

Drain the chickpeas,reserving 1/4-1/2 cup of the liquid.

Combine the chickpeas,lemon juice,tahini,onion,garlic, oil,cumin,pepper,and salt in a blender or food processor.

Puree until smooth,adding the chickpea liquid if needed to thin the puree.

Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving to blend the flavors. Garnish with parsley,if using.
5 servings

No comments: