Last year I started a lacrosse quilt and finally finished it. I finished it in time to donate it to the High School Boys Lacrosse fundraiser.
Now that I gave away my lacrosse quilt, I decided to work on another one. I scoured Pinterest for ideas. I came across some T-shirt quilt styles. Once I found the layout I liked I got working on drawing my layout. I did not include one T-shirt (my boys are still wearing their shirts).
I used my Cricut to cut out the helmet, owl head, crossing lacrosse sticks and jersey numbers. I downloaded Team Spirit for the helmet, owl head and lacrosse sticks. For the jersey number I downloaded Varsity letter font. Next, I appliqued them onto the fabric. Once I finished sewing the top together, I thought about how I wanted to quilt it to the back fabric.
My friend Melissa and I are always talking about quilting or cooking. One day we were talking about Free Motion Quilting and that is what I decided to do. I had to order my Free Motion quilting/darning foot for my machine. Surprisingly, I received it a couple days after ordering. Then I did a couple of test runs. I knew I would need more practice, but what better way to get that practice than quilting the actual quilt.
Okay, so I need more practice. I know I do. However, I have very happy with the way this quilt came out.
Here is a close up of the FMQ.
Now I am off to work on some tote bags and a baby rag quilt.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!