Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lacrosse Quilt Finished!

Last year I started a lacrosse quilt and finally finished it.  I finished it in time to donate it to the High School Boys Lacrosse fundraiser.

Now that I gave away my lacrosse quilt, I decided to work on another one.  I scoured Pinterest for ideas.  I came across some T-shirt quilt styles. Once I found the layout I liked I got working on drawing my layout.  I did not include one T-shirt (my boys are still wearing their shirts).

I used my Cricut to cut out the helmet, owl head, crossing lacrosse sticks and jersey numbers.  I downloaded Team Spirit for the helmet, owl head and lacrosse sticks.  For the jersey number I downloaded Varsity letter font.  Next, I appliqued them onto the fabric.  Once I finished sewing the top together, I thought about how I wanted to quilt it to the back fabric.

My friend Melissa and I are always talking about quilting or cooking.  One day we were talking about Free Motion Quilting and that is what I decided to do.  I had to order my Free Motion quilting/darning foot for my  machine.  Surprisingly, I received it a couple days after ordering.  Then I did a couple of test runs.  I knew I would need more practice, but what better way to get that practice than quilting the actual quilt.

Okay, so I need more practice.  I know I do.  However, I have very happy with the way this quilt came out.

Here is a close up of the FMQ.

Now I am off to work on some tote bags and a baby rag quilt.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments: