Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What's on the menu for tonight??



I'm glad you asked.. hehehe... Tonight's meal was Mushroom & Spinach ravioli. A couple of months ago I was chatting with my friend Melissa about making homemade pasta/ravioli. So we both ended up making it that same weekend. I made the basic ricotta filled ones. She on the other hand made mushroom ravioli.. So this morning when I was thinking of what to make for dinner, I will be honest I had something totally different out for dinner and realized I didn't have all the ingredients, I thought of ravioli. As I was mixing the ricotta I remembered I what Melissa had done. So out came the mushrooms from the fridge. While the mushrooms were "sweating" I remembered I had frozen spinach. After a little thawing in the microwave, I chopped a handful of the spinach. I then placed the spinach, mushrooms and half the ricotta in a small food processor to mix it together.

With everything set aside I set out to roll the ravioli. Boy, is this some work. After about 1 hr from start of the roll to the complete fill I threw the ravioli into the freezer until dinner.

Every pasta dish has to have a sauce. I ended up making a Garlic Alfredo Sauce. Supper easy and delish, if I must say so..
Garlic Alfredo Sauce:
INGREDIENTS
3 tablespoons butter
8 fluid ounces heavy whipping cream
salt to taste
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS
Melt butter or margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Add heavy cream, stirring constantly. Stir in salt, nutmeg, grated Parmesan cheese, and grated Romano cheese. Stir constantly until melted, then mix in egg yolk. Simmer over medium low heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.

1 comment:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

yum !!!!i am going to have to try this, sounds really yummy. tfs:)
chat