Thursday, October 9, 2008

Look Who Turned "10"






On October 5th we celebrated Nicholas turning the big 10. He wanted to have his party at a bowling alley. There were 9 kids in total and they all behaved quite well. Nicholas wanted to have a skateboard cake. So I looked around the internet for some ideas and this is what I came up with. The flame on the cake was inspired by a rubber stamp I have from Inque Boutique. I enlarged the image at Staples and cut it out of the paper. Then I layed the template onto the cake and traced it with a toothpick. I mixed some frosting with orange and yellow dye and viola this is how it came out. I'm pretty happy with it. This cake reminds me of the cakes my mom use to make for us kids when we were younger. I specifically remember a cat cake for one of my birthdays.

1 comment:

Sally said...

GREAT cake!!! We always had creative cakes too...I guess that says a lot about us now as adults! ;)