Friday, November 20, 2009

Unity Stamp Co. - Batchelor Bro Contest

Okay I can breathe again. The contest winner has been announced. The winner was Nancy. She did an outstanding job on her entry as did the rest of the very talented ladies. Congrats Nancy!

I thought I would share my gift to Broman. I had very limited Unity Stamps and the only thing that popped into my head was coffee.

I started off with an old tin box I had on my craft counter and wondered what would I use this thing for. Light bulb flickered. It needed to be altered.
I happened to have some coffee themed pattern paper that I wrapped around the tin box. Sealed it with Modge Podge. Then tied a wired organza ribbon around it.

The next thing I made was a set of coasters. I took out my tumbled tiles and sprayed them with Workable Fixativ by Krylon. This allows the coaster to take any kind of ink, paint or any other kind of coloring medium. While that dried (not long), I stamped my coffe cup onto a piece of tissue paper, colored with Bic Mark Its, cut out and Modge Podge'd onto the tile. I then sponged some ink around the edges and sealed afterwards.

The last stamped part of the gift was stamping on fabric. I stamped the coffee mug onto a piece of fabric I had made and filled it with some coffee, that I placed in a dark brown coffee mug. I threw in some store bought biscotti so he could have a snack with a cup of coffee.

My package was all wrapped by sheets of you guessed it coffee cup stamped tissue paper.

I was really happy with the results of my project and was honored to have been in the final 7. Congrats again to Nancy. Angela, Jenny, Kristen, Courtney & Randi you are some of the most talented ladies I have seen. You all are winners in my book!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is a really great idea and I love it1