Tuesday, November 24, 2009

TLC248 - Stocking Gift Card Holder

Lynne must have been reading my mind. This week's SCS Technique Challenge she posted a stocking template by Waltzingmouse. I have had this template printed for a couple of weeks and said I would get around to making them for Christmas. Now I have been known to put things off until the last minute (last year I was making the cards the morning of Christmas to take to my mother-in-laws to hand out), but this challenge gave me that swift kick in the butt to get moving.

The card holder is very easy to make. My first card I made was very simple. I used some patterned paper by Dream Street Papers LLC called Merry & Bright - Celebrate. This paper is double sided printed and that is where the green polka dots came from too. On the red & cream patterned stocking I paper pierced the edges of the cuff and toe/heel. Then I faux stitched using my white gel pen. I added a little sponging on the cream paper.

On the green polka dot stocking I wanted to try something different. My youngest son has been playing with my felt scraps and I thought what a good way to accent the stocking. Plus I wanted to try stitching on a card with my good sewing machine. I found some white felt zig-zag stitched it to the card front and did the same for the cuff. I remembered I had some white pop-pom trim and sewd that to the cuff.

I think the pom-poms gave it a fun style.

So now that I have two down, how many more do I need to make???? hmm...

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

Anna Fearer said...

like yout stocking card holder!!