Wednesday, November 18, 2009

SBVC102 - Filter Through


This week's Splitcost Stampers Variety Challenge is a bit odd. Recently I had to buy a new coffee maker and without thinking I bought a new one that took a different style of coffee filters. Now what do I do with close to 500 coffee filters... lol.

Abouth two weeks or so ago I bought the Nov/Dec 2009 issue of Scrapbooks Etc magazine. As I was turning the pages I stopped in my tracks and said that's what I can do with the coffee filters. (not that I will ever use up 500 filters for this technique).

So here is what you do:

Take a coffee filter and spray it with dye (I used a spray bottle with water and reinkers). Let it dry and then pleat the filter to get the look of a flower. You can accent it with patterned-paper for a stem. I happened to have some floral tape and used that.

I used a layout from Page Maps from the January 2009 Sidemaps.

No comments: