Sunday, September 22, 2013

G is for Green Baby Quilt

My husband's oldest niece asked if I would make a quilt for baby #4.  She is expecting another little boy.

She found the cutest fabric.  It is G is for Green by Patti Reed Designs.  I love the block print fabric.  I ended up buying some of the block, the turquoise background fabric and green background fabric from Fabric.com.  I was pleasantly surprised when I received my order within a week.  In the meantime, I had stopped in Walmart for a couple of items and ended up in the fabric department.  Low and behold what did I see on the shelf, I saw the green and turquoise background fabric.  Well good to know if I need more fabric.

Anyway, I bombarded her with several quilt ideas.  She decided she liked the look of this one by Thirty Handmade Days.  I thought the directions were easy enough.

Well after two days of cutting and sewing I finished the quilt.  I really like how it came out.

 

                                                             

Now, that I have the sewing fever I will get back to work on my WIP(s).

No comments: