A couple of weeks ago I was browsing around Pinterst looking for quilt ideas. There was one quilt that stopped me in my tracks. This butterfly quilt is just beautiful. Now I am not a girly girl nor do I have any girls, but I wanted to make something pretty.
I had some girlie fabric by Art Gallery called Sugar. Now onto the butterflies. I checked out my collection of Cricut cartridges. I found two that I liked from Serenade and Wall Décor and More.
After deciding on the butterflies, I prepped my fabric. I used Heat & Bond fusible webbing. Then I ironed the Heat & Bond to the fabric as suggested on the packaging. Next I placed it on my cutting mat fabric side upward. I have seen it cut with the paper side of the Heat & Bond facing up. Both ways have worked for me.
Once the butterflies were cut, I pinned them to the background fabric (in this case it was a white sheet). When I had the butterflies placed to my liking I then ironed the butterflies to my white fabric/sheet. Then came the labor intensive part, zig-zag stitching onto the background fabric. It took me a couple of hours to do all of the butterflies (I added more since this picture was taken).
Next, I will be sandwiching all the layers together. Hopefully I will have this quilt done in the next few weeks.