Saturday, July 20, 2013

Butterfly Quilt WIP

A couple of weeks ago I was browsing around Pinterst looking for quilt ideas.  There was one quilt that stopped me in my tracks.  This butterfly quilt is just beautiful. Now I am not a girly girl nor do I have any girls, but I wanted to make something pretty.

I had some girlie fabric by Art Gallery called Sugar.  Now onto the butterflies.  I checked out my collection of Cricut cartridges.  I found two that I liked from Serenade and Wall Décor and More.

After deciding on the butterflies, I prepped my fabric.  I used Heat & Bond fusible webbing.  Then I ironed the Heat & Bond to the fabric as suggested on the packaging.  Next I placed it on my cutting mat fabric side upward.  I have seen it cut with the paper side of the Heat & Bond facing up.  Both ways have worked for me. 

Once the butterflies were cut, I pinned them to the background fabric (in this case it was a white sheet).  When I had the butterflies placed to my liking I then ironed the butterflies to my white fabric/sheet.  Then came the labor intensive part,  zig-zag stitching onto the background fabric.  It took me a couple of hours to do all of the butterflies (I added more since this picture was taken). 



Next, I will be sandwiching all the layers together.  Hopefully I will have this quilt done in the next few weeks.

No comments: