Sunday, November 27, 2011

Craftroom addition

In the past I have shown pictures of my craftroom makeover.  Well I have made another change to it. 

Lately, I have been sewing more than usual.  I generally cut my fabric out on the dining room table or the hard wood floors annd we all know the hazards (sore back/knees) of doing this.  I knew there had to be a better way of cutting.  One day I found myself sitting down here in the craftroom day dreaming of changes.  So off I went to search the internet for some creativity.  I was impressed by all the sewing rooms I found.  Wow some are just unbelievable. 

After looking for a while, I knew what I wanted to do.  You see I have an 9 square cubbie shelving system and I wanted to make a peninsula out of it.  My idea was to pull it away from the wall 4 feet.  So my cutting area would be 4x3.  I talked my husband into this idea and off to Home Depot we went.  We bought a full sheet of MDF and had the store employee cut it down.  Not only did I get the 4x3 countertop, I also have two large shelves below. 

One day while my husband was at worked I took the organizer shelf out to the garage, sanded it and painted it white.  Next was the countertop's turn for a coat of black paint.  Yes, I have to make sure my countertops match the other one in the room. 

I am very happy with the way my peninsula came out.  It is the perfect height for cutting without breaking my back. 


By the way, I had talked my husband into making a flip up iron board on the other side. 
  

No comments: