Saturday, January 3, 2009

From the Vineyard

Today I decided to do something crafty. Splitcoast Stampers has challenges everyday of the week and Saturday's is their Inspiration challenge. For today's challenge you had to create something from Cake Nouveau's website. I loved the Vineyard cake and decided that was my inspiration.

My card is a stand size 4.25 x 5.5 card (well 4.25 x 11 but folded in half). I used So Saffron cardstock for the base of the card. Then I stamped my Wine List stamp by Inkadinkadoo in So Saffron ink to make my background. I have enjoyed using my Storybook Cricut Cartridge to make my margue shapes. The larger one was cut out of Old Olive paper and the smaller one was cut from vanilla. I sponged the edges of the olive with matching ink. I sketched a viney looking border around the vanilla. My grapes are made from Eggplant paper which I used my CM circle punch. I sponged each of the circles to give the grapes some depth. Then I layered them on to the marque. My leaves were cut from the Storybook cartridge and layered together. I added the hemp as a last thought.

I'm pretty happy with the way it came out..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This card is AWESOME! It first, I thought the grapes were either a stamp or some other kind of embellie. ThenI rad you cut allthe circles...How cool and creative! The hemp is a nice finishing tough. Lovve it!