Friday, January 20, 2012

Flower Cake

We usually buy my Mother-In-Law some flowers for her birthday.  I didn't want to buy one of the usual bouquets.  I wanted something different.  So I did what I also do for inspiration, surf the internet.  I looked at the regular FTD, 1800Flowers, Telefora and found something I really liked.  It was a Flower Cake. 

I found a video on You Tube and thought it was very simple to do.  It was after driving all over creation to find some flowers that I liked.  Three seperate trips to two different florist is not cost effective.  I guess next year I will call a florist in advance with what I will need..


I used roughly 3 dozen white carnations (full size), 2 dozen mini dark cranberry carnations, 6 spider mums and one purple rose.  I made some cranberry organza ribbons to decorate the sides. 

This was a very easy arrangement to make.  I got a kick out of everyone's question - Can you eat it???  Me, not sure if you can eat these flowers but I wouldn't.  lol..

No comments: