Sunday, October 16, 2011

Randy's Quilt

I have a nephew named Randy who loves the Disney movie Cars.  I was in Walmart months ago and found a prepackaged Disney Cars fabric, which I bought.  (the best part it was on clearance).  I thought of Randy right away.  For a while I kept thinking what could I make out of the fabric.  I was totally clueless.  I had asked my sister if he would like a small quilt for the bottom of his bed.  She said, "yes, since he is always chilly."  (how can someone who lives in FL be cold).   Later, I found out Randy was going to have surgery on Sept. 26.  So I knew I needed to get moving on whatever it was I needed to make. 

A couple weeks before his surgery I was in Walmart looking at the books and magazines.  I came across McCall's Quick Quilts (October/November 2011) and knew this was the one I wanted to make. 

I did not make the quilt as large as in the magazine but it came out alot bigger than I had in mind. When I finished it I packaged it up and mailed it out to Randy. He received it two days before his surgery (it was on a Monday). My sister said the look on his face was priceless. He loved it and had it for when he woke up in recovery.


 What a precious face.

No comments: