Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Catching up

Since my last post of my Bergere chair I haven't really been crafty.  A few things here and there.  So I am going to post everything in this entry.

We went on a much needed vacation.  My husband's nephew got married in Key West this past May.  Ahhh....  what a place to be..  My sister-in-law Kathy asked me to help her with some welcome bags for the guests that made the trip.  I helped with the bookmark bottle wrapper.  The digi image is from Wax Fruit Co..  I added the wording through Adobe Photoshop and then had fun coloring the image.  The final bookmark read Kimberley and  Aaron with the date.  I don't know why I didn't take a picture of the finished project, but you get the idea.

I am working on my second Bergere chair.  I found this chair and another style chair on Craigs List for $40 for the pair.  I am almost done sanding it and then I can paint it. 

My sister-in-law Kathy asked us if we would like to go up to the mountains one weekend and stay over at her sister-in-law's house.  What a great weekend we all had.  There were eight in total.  We hiked, napped and ate some yummy food.  I had brought a small bottle of homemade Limoncello with us to leave as a thank you gift.  I decided I wanted to hang my thank you card so I created bottle hangar.  I used my Cricut machine to cut a door hangar out of yellow paper.  I printed up my lemon digi image from Wax Fruit Co. and colored. 


Here a card using the same image.


We had our annual barbeque at the beginning of August.  I made several potholder invitations.  I'm so glad I only had to make 10 of them for the people who do not have facebook.  I got my idea from a member on Splitcoast Stampers, whom I can not remember their name.  Once I figure it out I will edit this post.  For the red/white paper I basket wove the strips of paper together, which was time consuming. 


My last set of pictures are of my homemade Tiki torches using recycled wine bottles. 


That is it for "catch up."  Now onto the next project...





No comments: