Monday, December 8, 2008

Oh La La


Splitcoast has a challenge everyday of the week. Monday's are Technique Lover's Challenge. So for today's challenge you were to make a wine glass shade out of vellum paper. They provided a template to use. The first time I tried making one I realized my wine glass mouth was too large for the template. So I remembered I had a set of glass stemmed votive holders and used them.


As I was planning the shade I thought of a specific stamp set and the embellishments to go with it. About a month or so ago I had ordered the French Quarter Stamp set by Inque Boutique. I stamped a full sheet of vellum with my Inque Boutique French Quarter stamp set in black stazon ink. Then I traced the template onto the vellum and cut. The embellishments I used were black velvet ribbon and black fringe. I felt this gave the shade a little French Flair.

1 comment:

Sally said...

That is TOO stinkin' CUTE!