Thursday, February 6, 2014

Chain Link Quilt

My youngest son wanted to give his bedroom a makeover.  He started to take down the shelves and fill/sand the holes.  He needed my husband's help for something, I can not believe I can't remember what it was.  Next thing I know they are heading to the hardware store for paint.  What the What???  My husband said well we may as well paint since the walls are bare.  Okay...

The following weekend we were heading down to IKEA.  After spending a small fortune there, the room is back together.

Next thing I know my son says, could you make me a quilt to match my room. How can I say no, especially since I made the older son one.

Nick and I looked all over the internet and found a design he liked, but at first I could not find a pattern for it. So I decided to sketch it out.  After sketching it out, I dug around the internet and found a pattern/instructions.

This is the pattern and color scheme my son wants.  The red and black chain link will be on a white background trimmed with black binding.



I am hoping to get started on this quilt in the next week.

No comments: